Creating a task
Tasks in Event Manager allow you to assign the work that needs to be done for events to the right people. *Note: If you do not currently have access to this feature, please contact your Sales Representative or Client Services for more information.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
How to create a task
You can create a standalone task, as explained below. Additionally, you can create a task from the event request form, or use Location Setups to create tasks automatically from events when the appropriate setup is selected.
- Click Tasks from the side navigation menu to open the task list.
- Click Add a Task to open the Create a Task window.
- Select the Task Status from the drop-down menu. *Note: The task will default to the status of New.
- If you need to associate this task with an event, begin typing in the Event field and select the event.
- If you'd like to associate this task to a location, click Search Locations next to Location.
- In the window that appears, search or filter the list and check the box next to each location needed for this task.
- Click Save.
- Select a task Type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a Task Name.
- Enter a Task Description. This should be used to provide more detailed information that will give the task assignee the specific instructions for the task. *Note: There is a limit of 500 characters for this field.
- Select the Priority for this task.
- Select a name from the Assign to drop-down menu to assign a user to this task. *Note: If you have selected a user as the default assignee for a specific task type, their name will autopopulate here, though the assignment can be changed.
- Select a Time and Date under Due Date for the task to be done by. *Note: If this task has been tied to an event, you have the option to set the task due date relative to the event start date.
- The Reminder will be set automatically based on your Task Settings, but can be easily adjusted or removed. *Note: In addition to the email reminder set here, the assignee will also receive an initial email notification informing them of the task being assigned to them.
- Enter the number of days or hours before the task is due for the email notification to go out.
- There are two ways to attach a file or image to the task:
Upload an attachment by locating the file on your computer, or pasting the attachment URL in the text field.
- Choose From Library to find an attachment that has been added to the Event Manager media library.
- There are two Save options available:
- Click Save to finalize your changes.
- Click Save & Add to finalize your changes and begin creating a new task.