Creating code enforcement requests in the SmartGov mobile app
The SmartGov mobile app allows you to quickly create code enforcement requests out in the field. This gives jurisdictions the ability to log and track issues that may or may not be a code enforcement issue. You will be able to process the code enforcement request within the mobile app or in SmartGov once it has been created.
How to create a code enforcement request
- Tap the Create icon ().
- Tap Enforcement Request.
- If this is an Information Request, tap the toggle () and continue entering information as necessary.
- Select the Case Type from the drop-down menu, if applicable.
- Enter the Description for the code enforcement request.
- Tap the Assignee field to search and select which user or group the request should be assigned to. *Note: Both Users and Groups will populate in a single list.
- The Submit Date will auto-populate with the current date. Begin typing or tap the calendar icon () to select a different date, if necessary.
- The Submit Time will auto-populate with the time the case was created. Begin typing to enter a different time, if necessary.
- Tap the Anonymous toggle if the reporter should remain anonymous. You will not need to enter any other reporter information.
- Type the Name, Address, Phone, and Email into their corresponding fields. *Note: If the reporter is not anonymous, Name is the only required field.
- Click the direction icon () to view a map of your current location.
- Use your finger to adjust the map view so the pin () is on the location of the code enforcement request and tap Select this Location. Alternatively, you can select a nearby address listed at the bottom of the view by tapping one of the addresses listed.
- This will auto-populate the Closest Intersection and Address fields.
- To associate a parcel and pull in the address of that parcel, tap the magnifying glass icon () beside the Find Parcel by Address field.
- Begin typing and select the Address of the parcel you wish to associate with the code enforcement request.
- This will auto-populate the address information of the parcel.
- You may also manually enter or edit the General Location, Closest Intersection, and Address information for the code enforcement request by tapping and typing into each field.
- Tap Save in the top right corner of your screen. *Note: If you try to leave this page without saving, you will be prompted to Discard or Save your changes.