Permitting item types
Item Types are records that will display on the Items tab of a permit and allow you to capture a variety of relevant attributes related to the item. *Note: These items are not associated with permit type templates. They will be added to a permit on a case by case basis.
Adding an item type
- Click Administration from the navigation menu.
- Click Permitting Setup, then select Item Types.
- Click Create New.
- Enter a Name and a Description. *Note: Both the Name and Description appear on the permit in SmartGov.
- Begin typing or click the magnifying glass icon () to select an Attribute (Custom Attribute) to associate with this item type. If necessary, edit the Name or Description of the attribute. *Note: If an attribute does not appear in this list, it will need to be added through the Custom Attributes page.
- If you would like specific text to be pre-populated, enter the text in the Default Value field.
- Ensure the Active box is checked to display the attribute under the item type.
- Check the Required box to make the attribute mandatory for this item type.
- If multiple attributes are needed, click Add. Repeat this process to add any additional attributes. *Note: Two attributes may not have the same name within an item type.
- Click Save.