Licensing Setup: Renewal Rules Tab
The Renewal Rules tab allows users to set up the renewal process for the license type. The first rule listed on this page will create a new renewal occurrence for any licenses of this type that also meet the renewal criteria.
Adding Renewal Rules
- Click on Administration in the navigation menu, then select Licensing Setup.
- Click License Types.
- Select the license type from the list.
- Click the Renewal Rules tab.
- Click Add.
- Enter the Name of the renewal rule.
- Select a Group from the drop-down menu. *Note: Renewal Groups are configured through the Licensing Lookup Values page.
- Choose whether the rule is Based On the Expiration Date of the license or the Renewal Step. *Note: If you select Renewal Step, you must select a Base Renewal step.
- If applicable, select a Base Renewal step.
- In the Based On Days field, enter the number of days, months or years before or after the Based On selection that this rule should be processed. *Note: Entering a negative value will process this step before the Based On Selection whereas entering a positive number will process this step after the Based On selection.
- For example, if an "Annual Renewal" rule is Based On the Expiration Date and has -45 Based On Days, the "Annual Renewal" rule will be processed 45 days prior to the license's expiration date.
- Select a Report from the drop-down menu, if applicable. This report will be attached to the license renewal as a note when the renewal job is run.
- If the license should change to a specific status once the rule is run, select the License Status from the drop-down menu.
- If any penalty fees should be added to the license when the rule is run, click the pencil icon () in the Fees column.
- In the window that appears, click the plus sign icon beside any fee to associate it with this renewal rule.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this process to add any additional renewal rules to the license type.
- Click Save.