Recurring inspections: Workflow tab
The Workflow tab shows the steps required to process the recurring inspection interval to closure. Depending on your jurisdiction's configuration, this tab may already be populated with multiple workflow steps based on the recurring inspection type that was initially selected. However, additional workflow steps can be added.
Adding a workflow step
- Click the Step Maintenance button below the list of existing workflow steps.
- Click Add.
- Begin typing or click the magnifying glass icon () to select the workflow step from the list. The workflow step's details will populate into the row.
- Adjust the fields for each step as necessary.
- Delete (): Click this icon to remove a step from the list.
- Order: Enter a number to indicate where in the list this step should appear. You can also click the up arrow icon () to move the specific step to the top of the list.
- Information Icon (): This will detail the Statuses and Actions tied to this step. It will also list the default unit of measurement, such as business days, for the processing duration and notification duration.
- Proc. Duration: Use this field to edit the processing duration for the step. This will populate a due date for the workflow step in the user's To Do list as long as a due date calculation is selected.
- Notif. Duration: Use this field to edit the notification duration for the step. This setting will trigger an email notification if the user is subscribed to email notifications and will change the color of the workflow step on the user's To Do list.
- Required: This field will default to Required for Approval and cannot be adjusted
- Due Date Calculation: Select an option from the drop-down menu to determine how the due date will be calculated for this step. If the step you are editing has a base step associated with it, you must select either Base Due Date or Base Completed Date.
- For example, if the Due Date Calculation is set to Submitted and the Process Duration is 5 calendar days, the due date of the step will be set to 5 days after the recurring inspection interval is created.
- Base Step(s): This column will list any base steps associated with the particular workflow step.
- Step Dependencies (): Click this icon to add and view any base steps or dependent steps associated with the current step.
- Step Actions (): Click this icon to add or remove any additional step actions as well as edit the order, action field, and description of the step actions for the selected workflow.
- Step Assignments (): Click this icon to assign the workflow step to specific users and/or groups. *Note: We recommend assigning steps to Distribution Groups as this allows the jurisdiction to easily update the assignee configuration without having to update each individual step.
- Click Save.
Processing workflow steps
You can process a workflow step through the Step Detail window or through the Workflow tab on the recurring inspection interval. Processing the workflow step from the Step Detail window allows you to update the status of any actions associated with the step individually as well as assign the step. Processing the workflow steps from the Workflow tab allows you to quickly update the status of any workflow step associated with the recurring inspection interval.
Processing from the step detail window
- Click the information icon () next to the workflow step.
- In the Detail window, select the appropriate Workflow Step Status.
- The Status Date and Status By fields will automatically populate with the current date and your name if you have changed the status. You may adjust these fields as necessary.
- The Due Date field may automatically populate based on the due date calculation method for this step. You may adjust this date as necessary. *Note: If the Due Date Calculation for this step is set to None, a due date will not populate into this field.
- In the Action Checklist section, address each action individually by changing the action's Status or click the Mark All Complete button to complete all the actions in this section.
- The Status Date and Status By fields will automatically populate with the current date and your name, but can be adjusted as necessary.
- In the Hours section, click Add to add the number of hours that each user has spent working on this workflow step.
- In the Notes section, click Add to add any notes to the workflow step.
- In the Assignments section, click Add to assign the workflow step to one or more users or groups. Begin typing or click the magnifying glass icon () to select an assignee from the list.
- Click Save. *Note: If you are marking the workflow step status as complete and there are actions listed for the workflow step that have not been marked as complete, you may receive a "Step has uncompleted actions." error message. You can address this error by correcting the statuses for the actions or bypass the error message by clicking Ignore.
Processing from the workflow tab
- Use the Workflow Step Status drop-down to edit the status of the workflow step.
- This will populate the Status Date field with the current date and the Status By field with your name. Adjust these as necessary.
- Click Save to update the changes. *Note: If you are marking the workflow step status as complete and there are actions listed for the workflow step that have not been marked as complete, you may receive a "Step has uncompleted actions." error message. You can address this error by correcting the statuses for the actions or bypass the error message by clicking Ignore.
- Click the notes icon () to add, edit, and view any notes associated with the workflow step.