Permitting: Contractors Tab
The Contractors tab lets you select specific contractor licenses and associate as many contractor licenses as necessary to the current permit.
Adding a Contractor License
Adding an Existing Contractor License
- Begin typing or click the magnifying glass icon () to select the Contractor license. *Note: If the auto-reduced drop-down does not populate with the correct license, use the magnifying glass to see all associated licenses for the contractor.
- The Contractor name, License Number, and additional information will populate in the row.
- Select a Point of Contact, if applicable, from the drop-down menu.
- The Portal Access box is checked by default. This allows the contractor to view the permit, pay for fees, request inspections, and upload documents to this permit from the Citizen Portal, depending on the jurisdiction's configuration. Uncheck this box if necessary.
- Make sure the Active box is checked to indicate this is an active contractor for this permit.
- Click the Save button to add the contractor license to the permit.
Creating a New Contractor
Before adding a new contractor license, be sure to search the existing contractors to make sure the license has not already been added to SmartGov. Utilize the wildcard search feature to help you thoroughly search the contractor list.
- Click the magnifying glass icon () to view the list of existing Contractors.
- Click the Create button.
- Check the Contractor box. This will add an additional section for entering the contractor's license.
- Enter the Display Name.
- Click the Add button in the Contractor License section.
- Enter the License Number.
- Select the License Type from the drop-down menu.
- Click the calendar icon () and select the date the license Expires.
- If the contractor has more than one license, click the Add button again to add an additional license record.
- Be sure to select which license is the Primary license.
- Enter the contractor's Mailing Address information.
- Click the Create button. Additional tabs will appear for contact record. *Note: This will also add the contractor to the Global Contact list.
- Add any additional details such as phone numbers and email addresses, then click Save.
- Close the Contact window to return to the Contractor tab.
- Click the Save button to add the contractor to the permit.
Managing Contractor Licenses
- Selecting a Primary Contractor: Select which contractor license in the list should be designated as the Primary Contractor.
- Editing a Contractor: Click the information icon () next to the contractor license record to make any changes to the contractor's information.
- Adding a Note: Click the sticky note icon () to add notes to the contractor license. These notes can include links and attachments, such as documents, pictures, or spreadsheets.
- Deleting a Contractor: Click the trash can icon () next to the contractor license record. The contractor license will appear with a strike-through mark.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page after performing any of these actions.