The Holidays page allows a jurisdiction to list when their offices will be closed. A citizen portal user will not be able to request an inspection on any day listed as a holiday in SmartGov. *Note: Holidays must be manually added for every year.
- Click on Administration from the navigation menu, then click Jurisdiction Setup.
- Select Holidays.
Adding a Holiday
- Click Add.
- Begin typing or click the calendar icon () to select the Date.
- Enter a Description of the holiday.
- Repeat this process to add any additional holidays.
- Click Save.
Copying Holidays to a New Year
You can quickly copy the holidays from one year to the next on this page. Copying the holidays assumes that the day of the month (January 1, for example) is the same for the following year. You will need to manually update holidays that fall on a specific day of the week (President's Day always falls on the third Monday in February, for example) after you have copied holidays from the previous year.
- Click Copy at the bottom of the holiday list.
- Use the From Year drop-down menu to select the year to copy holidays from.
- Use the To Year field to enter the year to copy the holidays to. *Note: You will not be able to copy holidays to a year that already has holidays listed.
- Click Copy.
- If you need to manually update the dates of any holidays, type or click the calendar icon () to select the appropriate Date.
- Click Save at the bottom of the Holiday List page.