Adding Portal Users
There are two different types of users in CrisisManager: Portal Users and End Users.
- Portal Users are the users that need access to the online administration portal to create plans and events, publish plans out to mobile devices, and control security.
- End Users will only need to view the published plans created by the Portal Users by downloading the CrisisManager app to their mobile devices.
This guide will focus solely on how to add Portal Users and the different permissions you can allow them to have.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
Adding a Portal User
- Log in to your CrisisManager portal by entering your Email Address and Password at crisismanager.schooldude.com.
- At the top of your Home screen, click on the Administration tab and then click on Administer Portal Users.
- Click Add User at the bottom of the Portal Users list.
- Fill in the red required fields with the user's name, email address, physical address, and phone number.
- Click Add This User to save.
- Once you have added the user, you can then set their permissions within the system:
- Administer Users - allows this user to add other portal users to the system.
- Administer Crisis Plans - allows this user to edit, delete, and publish plans to mobile devices.
- Administer Contacts - allows this user to upload, edit, add, and delete contacts in the system.
- Copy Plans - allows this user to copy a plan from any organization that is viewable by the user.
- Create Plans - allows this user to create plans from an existing template.
- View Plans - allows this user to see plans without the ability to change or make edits to them.
- View Incident Reports - allows this user to view, run queries on, and export any reports of incidents or occurrences submitted by your end users.
- Send Push Messages - allows this user to send push notifications from CrisisManager to your end users' mobile devices.
- Choose Organization - refers to any organization that may be a larger umbrella organization with subsequent organizations beneath it. A user with this permission will be able to choose which group of plans to work in.
- Manage Sub Orgs - allows this user to add, rename, and delete sub-organizations.
- Data Administrator - allows the user to upload and audit User Group Import Service data. Any user with this permission will also need the Administer Crisis Plan permission to be able to associate a UGIS list to a Plan.
- Once you are finished setting the permissions for the user, click Update Information to save. The user will then receive an email to confirm their access to the Administrative Online Portal and will then be able to create their login information.