Back to CapitalForecastDirect Main Menu
Locations typically describe the facilities in your organization. (Dude Elementary, Maintenance Shop, Dude Hall, etc.)
For organizations that have multiple campuses or sites, each with multiple facilities on them, you may decide to use Locations to describe the campus. Then you can use the Building field to describe the structures on each campus.
Buildings can be added individually or imported into your account in bulk. *Note: If you own the Asset Essentials integration feature, you are unable to add buildings through CapitalForecastDirect. All new buildings must be added through Asset Essentials.
In CapitalForecastDirect, you must choose whether the system will model your needs using your Locations or your Buildings. If you select Locations, you do not need to add Buildings to the account. If you select for the model to use Buildings, you are required to set up at least one Location. This is because Locations and Buildings have a parent/child relationship in Dude Solutions applications. A Building must be assigned to a Location.
Once you have made this selection in CapitalForecastDirect, it cannot be changed. If you decide that you must switch your selection, contact the Dude Solutions Client Service Center for assistance.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
How to Add Buildings
- Click on the Add link in the Actions menu at the top of the page.
- Click the Building link. Fill in the following fields on the Add/Update Building Screen:
- Select the Location from the drop down list. *Required field
- Enter the Building Name. *Required field
- Enter the Date Built. *Required field
- Enter the Square Footage. This is important to include so the system can calculate the Current Replacement Value of the Building.
- Select the Building Type that matches the Building from the drop down list. You should have already reviewed and updated the building types earlier in the set up process. *Required field
- You can enter any Notes that pertain to this Building in the field provided.
- CRV will automatically calculate for you based on the Building Type selected, the Square Footage of the Building, and the Regional Index you chose under the Account Information. This is an editable field, so you can make an adjustment to it if needed. If you do change the CRV the indicator icon next to the field will turn red to alert you that it was manually changed.
- FCI will calculate for you once you have Needs associated with this Building.
- Click Save to add the Building.
How to View and Activate Buildings
- Click on the List link under the Actions menu.
- Click on the Building link.
The Building list is automatically populated if other Dude Solutions applications are in use by your organization. Buildings with a yellow thumbs-up () are active and ready for use within the application. Builidings with a gray thumbs-down () are inactive and will be unavailable for use until they are activated.
- To activate a Building, click on the thumbs-down icon (). It will change to the yellow thumbs-up icon and your Building will be activated.
- Click on the Building name in the list to update the information.
- Make sure to enter the Date Built, Square Footage, and Building Type.
- Click Save.