Printing Parts and Barcodes
There are many ways to print your Parts in Asset Essentials. You are able to print detailed information regarding your Parts as well as print Part barcodes, QR codes, and labels. *Note: The Parts & POs feature is available to Asset Essentials clients for an additional cost. Please contact your Sales Representative or Client Services if you are interested in purchasing this feature.
How to Print Parts
- Click on the Parts & Purchase Orders menu icon and then click Parts.
- Check the box next to each Part that you would like to print. *Note: If you would like to print the full list of Parts by page, do not check any boxes.
- Click on the Print/Report button and then click Print.
- Choose from one of three reporting options:
Part Barcode/QR Code
The Part Barcode/QR Code printout will list each Part on one page, with a list of it's Name, Part #, Alternate Part #, Site. and Category. It will also include a large QR code on the page associated with that specific Part. *Note: In order for the printout to produce a barcode, you must enter a barcode number on the Part detail page.
The Part Detail printout gives you a wide variety of information that pertains to the Part. This information includes General Part information, Custom Fields, Suppliers, Documents, etc. There is also a small QR code for that Part in the top right of the report. *Note: In order for the printout to produce a barcode, you must enter a barcode number on the Part detail page.
Part Labels (2x7)
This Part Labels printout gives you small labels that list the Part Name, Part #, Site, and the QR code. You are able to fit up to 14 labels on one page, so this is a good option if you are trying to print smaller labels for multiple Parts.
- If you checked off any specific Parts, you will have an option to print only the Selected record(s). Otherwise, you can choose to print just the Current page of Parts, or Select page(s) to print, such as pages 1-3. If you'd like, you can also select to print All Parts, as long as there are fewer than 500 Parts total.
- Click OK to produce the printout.