Setting up default search filters
Using the Default Filter option allows each user to save their most commonly used search fields to quickly locate records in SmartGov. We recommend not entering any specific search values when creating a default filter. These are typically left blank so they can be quickly accessed and updated for ease of searching.
Creating a default search filter
- Navigate to the page you wish to create a Default Filter for, such as the Search Permits or Search License page.
- Click on Search By... ().
- Click the Add Search Fields drop-down menu and select a field to filter your results.
- Click Add to List.
- Repeat this process to add any additional Search Fields. If available, you can also add custom attributes to your search by clicking Select Attributes. *Note: The Select Attributes link will not be visible if you are searching for records unrelated to custom attributes, such as receipts.
- Click Search to apply the search filter.
- Click the Save Filters button ().
- Click Make Default.
Using a default search filter
- Navigate to the page for which you have created a default filter. You will see the Search Fields you selected for the default filter across the top of the page.
- Click the name of the filter you wish to apply to the list.
- Add in specific search criteria in the Search Fields window. *Note: This may be a text field or a drop-down menu depending on the search field you are using.
- Click Add.
- Repeat this process to add as many values as needed. *Note: SmartGov will return results that match all selected values. The more values selected, the narrower the search results will be.
- Click Apply to view your filtered results.
- Repeat this process as necessary with the other fields in your Default Filter.
- You can also create saved filters for your search results.