SmartGov mobile app overview
When you first open the mobile app you will see your Home screen. This screen may list out any Inspections, Code Enforcement Requests, and Code Enforcement Cases assigned to you depending on how you have configured your assignment filter.
- From your home screen, tap any record name to manage and process the item.
- Each record may display a map view that includes the location of the record.
- Tap the map display to open the mapping application on your mobile device and view directions to the location. *Note: If the device has multiple mapping apps available, you will be prompted to select the app you would like to use.
This page allows you to search different areas, such as Inspections and Parcels, within the app.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon () in the top right corner of your screen to begin your Search.
- Tap the Area drop-down menu and select the specific area within SmartGov you would like to search.
- Enter as many or as few search criteria as needed to display the results. The fields available depend on the Area selected.
- You can use a wildcard in place of any unknown information. In the search field, enter an asterisk (*) followed by any known information.
- Click Apply.
The Assignment Filter allows you to customize which records display on your home screen by Assignee, Record Type, Due Date, and Inspection Area. You can select as many or as few criteria as needed to display the records you would like to view.
- Click the assignment filter icon () in the top right corner of the home screen to enter specific criteria for the records you wish to show on your home screen.
This field will determine whose assignments show on the home screen. This will default to the user that is logged in.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon ().
- Begin typing to filter the list. Tap the Assignee in the list whose assignments you would like to view. *Note: This will display Users and Groups.
You can filter which items show on your home screen including Inspections, Enforcement Workflow Steps, Enforcement Requests, and Enforcement Cases.
- Any item that has a grayed-out toggle () will not show on your home screen.
- To display one of these items, tap the toggle. The toggle will turn orange once it has been turned on.
Filter on due dates
This selection will determine which assignments show on your home screen based on their due date
- Due Today: This option includes any assignments with a due date of the current date.
- Almost Due: This option includes any assignments due within the next 5 business days (not including weekends).
- Past Due: This option includes any assignments with a due date in the past.
- Custom Date Range: This option allows you to enter a Starting On date and an Ending On date. The records that display will include assignments due in the date range entered. *Note: You cannot have any other option checked if Custom Date range is checked.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon () to search for and select an Inspection Area. *Note: This will only apply to Inspections and Code Enforcement Cases.
- Tap Show Results to return to your home screen and view all records that meet your assignment criteria.
- Tap the Create button () to quickly create a new record directly from your home screen.
The Sync button () allows you to download items from the mobile app so you can work offline. This is useful when you will be working in areas with poor connectivity or without a data connection. Once you are able to connect to the internet again, you will be able to sync the data to SmartGov so all changes are up-to-date.
- Tap the Menu icon () in the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap Logout.