Creating contacts in the SmartGov mobile app
Contacts can be tied to various records throughout SmartGov. Any contact created in the SmartGov mobile app will also display in the Global Contacts list, which includes both contacts and contractors.*Note: The Global Contacts list is only accessible through the SmartGov website.
How to create a contact
- Tap the Create icon ().
- Tap Contact. *Note: Any field with an asterisk (*) beside it is required.
- You may also enter the First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name for the contact, if applicable. This will auto-populate the Display Name field, which can be edited if necessary.
Mailing address information
- Enter the Mailing Address information including the Street, City, State, and Zip Code.
- If this is an International address, tap the toggle () to adjust the fields that display. This will remove the City, State, and Zip Code fields and display International Line and Country.
- If the address is unknown, tap the question mark icon (). This will change the address field to display "Not Known at time of Entry."
Physical address information
- Enter the Physical Address information if necessary. These fields are not required.
- If this is an International address, tap the toggle to adjust the fields that display. This will remove the City, State, and Zip Code fields and display International Line and Country.
- Copy the mailing address fields to the physical address fields by tapping the copy icon () if the addresses are the same.
- Tap Save in the top right corner of the screen. *Note: If you try to leave this page without saving, you will be prompted to Discard or Save your changes.
- Once the contact has been created, additional fields will display. You can add or edit the Address information, Phone Numbers, Emails, Details, Points of Contact, and Associations.