Code enforcement: Violations tab
The Violations tab allows you to associate any code references that are related to the reported issue as well as list when the violations have been resolved.
Adding a violation
- Click Add.
- If you are adding a Standard code reference, begin typing or click the magnifying glass icon () in the Case Violation window to select the code from the list.
- If the code reference you need to add is not available in the list of standard code references, click the Custom option to create a custom code reference. *Note: If you choose a standard code reference and then add any additional text, the code reference will change to a custom code reference and you must enter a new value in the Code Reference field.
- Describe the code reference in the Description field.
- Use the Legal Text field to enter any necessary text.
- If the violation has been resolved, begin typing or click the calendar icon () to list a Resolved Date.
- Click Save to add the code reference to the code enforcement case.
- Repeat this process to add any additional violations.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- To remove the code reference from the code enforcement case, click the trash can icon (). *Note: If a note has been added to the violation, you will not be able to delete the record.
- Once the violation has been resolved, begin typing or click the calendar icon () to list a Resolved Date.
- To view or add any notes associated with the violation, click the sticky note icon ().