Code Enforcement: Main Tab
The Main tab displays an overview of the code enforcement case.
Code Enforcement Case Information
- The Case Number and Case Type are displayed at the top of this tab along with the associated Case Request number.
- The Status field will indicate the current status of the code enforcement case. The status options available in this drop-down menu are available based on the case type of the code enforcement case.
- If this code enforcement case is associated with a Parent Case, begin typing or click the magnifying glass icon () to select the parent code enforcement case.
- The Assigned To field will list the current assignment for the code enforcement case. List a new User or Group if necessary.
- The Submitted Date will auto-populate with the date the code enforcement case was created. Begin typing or click the calendar icon () to adjust the date as needed.
- Changing the code enforcement case to a closed status will fill in the Closed On field with the current date. This will also convert the case to a read-only format so that no further updates can be made. *Note: Once a code enforcement case has been closed, you will need to reinstate the case to make any additional changes.
- The Case Description can be used to detail information related to the code enforcement case.
- List any necessary address information in the Site Address section.
- If a parcel has been associated with the code enforcement case, click the magnifying glass icon () beside the Site Address field to select the site address for the code enforcement case.
Click the Verify Address and Coordinates button to match the entered address to the Esri address service.
Click Use address as entered to keep the address as it was originally entered on the application.
Click Address Only to copy the appropriate Esri address to the Site Address fields.
Click Coordinates Only to copy the Latitude and Longitude coordinates of the Esri address to the permit application.
Code Enforcement Case Options
There are a few options available once the case has been created. These can be found along the bottom of the screen on the Main tab.
Retrieve Audit Information
- Click Audit to see a list of all changes made to the code enforcement case. Select an option in the drop-down menu, such as Resources or Case Fee, if you would like to only view changes that have been made to that specific option.
- Click Change Case Type if the code enforcement case needs to be converted to a different case type.
- Begin typing or click the magnifying glass icon () to select the new Case Type.
- Edit the Case Number, if needed.
- In the New Case Type Choices section, you will see tabs from the current code enforcement case listed.
- Select the Case option for a tab if you would like to copy only the fields and information from the current case.
- Select the Plus Template option for a tab if you would like to copy the fields and information from the current case in addition to any options that have been configured on that tab for the new case type. For example, select this option to include a workflow step that is not associated with the current case type, but is associated with the new case type. *Note: This feature can also be used if updates have been made to the current case type and you would like to update the existing case with those changes.
- Click Save to update the case type.
Cancel a Case
- Click Cancel Case.
- The Status will update to the default status for the cancelled state configured for the case type.
- Select a Note Type and Note Code. *Note: The Note Code drop-down menu will not populate until a Note Type has been selected.
- The Text field will auto-populate with a description of the cancellation. Add or adjust this as needed.
- Click Cancel Case.
Change the Case Number
- Click Change Case Number.
- Enter a new Case Number. *Note: Changing the case number could have negative effects on your code enforcement case sequencing. We recommend contacting your SmartGov Administrator before using this feature.
- Click Save.
Once a case has been closed or voided, many fields are locked from editing. This allows you to view the fields but not make any further changes, unless the case is reinstated.
- Click Reinstate Case.
- Select the Status for the case.
- Click Reinstate.