Code enforcement: Contacts tab
The Contacts tab allows you to list anyone associated with the code enforcement case, such as owners or occupants. Contacts can be added from your existing database or you can add them as new contacts. On this tab, you can identify each contact's role and designate one contact as the primary contact for the code enforcement case.
Adding an existing contact
- Begin typing or click the magnifying glass icon () to select the Contact name.
- Select Primary if this contact is the primary contact. *Note: You must select one primary contact.
- Select the Role this contact will have for this code enforcement case.
- Check the Portal Access box to allow the contact to view the code enforcement case on the citizen portal if it has been associated with a permit.
- The Active box will be checked by default.
- Check the Alert Enabled box if an alert should be created on any permits or licenses this contact is associated with. This notifies the user viewing the permit or license that there is an existing case against this contact.
- Click the Add button. Repeat this process to add any additional existing contacts.
- Click Save.
Adding a new contact
Before creating a new contact, search the existing contact list to ensure they have not already been added to SmartGov. Utilize the wildcard search feature to help you thoroughly search the contact list.
- Click the magnifying glass icon () in the Contact column.
- Click the Create New button in the Select Contact window.
- If this contact is a contractor, check the Contractor box. This will add an additional section for entering the contractor's license.
- Enter the contact's information. *Note: If the contact has an international address, check the International box to provide additional international mailing address information. If the address is Unknown, check the box to auto-populate the required address information with placeholders.
- Click the Create button. Additional tabs will appear for the contact record. *Note: This will also add the contact to the Global Contact list.
- Add any additional details such as phone numbers and email addresses, then click Save.
- Close the New Contact window to return to the Contacts tab.
- Click the Save button to add the contact to the code enforcement case.
- Selecting a Primary Contact: Select which contact in the list should be the Primary Contact for this code enforcement case.
- Alert Enabled: This option will create an alert on any permit or license this contact is associated with, as long as this code enforcement case is open.
- Editing a Contact: Click the information icon () next to the contact record to make any changes to the contact's information.
- Has Licenses: Click the licenses icon () to view any associated licenses or contractor licenses. *Note: This icon will only appear if the contact has licenses or contractor licenses associated with their account.
- Adding a Note: Click the sticky note icon () to add notes to the contact. These notes can include links and attachments, such as documents, pictures, or spreadsheets.
- Removing a Contact: Click the trash can icon () next to the contact record. The contact will appear with a strike-through mark.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page after performing any of these actions.