Recurring inspection item types
Item Types are records that will display on the Items tab of a recurring inspection and allow you to capture a variety of relevant attributes related to the item. *Note: These items are not associated with recurring inspection type templates. They will be added to a recurring inspection on an as-needed basis.
Adding an item type
- Click Administration from the navigation menu, then click Recurring Inspection Setup.
- Select Item Types.
- Click Create.
- Enter a Name and a Description. *Note: Both the Name and Description appear on the recurring inspection in SmartGov.
- Begin typing or click the magnifying glass icon () to select an Attribute (Custom Attribute) to associate with this item type. If necessary, edit the Name or Description of the attribute. *Note: If an attribute does not appear in this list, it will need to be added through the Custom Attributes page.
- If you would like specific text to be pre-populated, enter the text in the Default Value field.
- Ensure the box in the Active column is checked to display the attribute under the item type.
- Check the box in the Required column to make the attribute mandatory for this item type.
- If multiple attributes are needed, click Add and repeat this process. *Note: Two attributes may not have the same name within an item type.
- Click Save.