Recurring Inspections Setup: Interval Rules List Tab
The Interval Rules List tab allows users to set up the interval process for the recurring inspection type. The first rule listed on this page will create a new interval for any recurring inspections of this type that also meet the renewal criteria.
Adding Interval Rules
- Click on Administration in the navigation menu, then select Recurring Inspection Setup.
- Click Recurring Inspection Types.
- Select the recurring inspection type from the list.
- Click the Interval Rules List tab.
- Click Add.
- Enter the Name of the interval rule.
- Select a Group from the drop-down menu. *Note: Rule Groups are configured through the Recurring Inspection Lookup Values page.
- Choose whether the rule is Based On the Due Date of the recurring inspection or an Interval Rule. *Note: If you select Interval Rule, you must select a Base Rule.
- If applicable, select a Base Rule.
- In the Based On Days field, enter the number of days before or after the Based On selection that this rule should be processed. *Note: Entering a negative value will process this step before the Based On Selection whereas entering a positive number will process this step after the Based On selection.
- For example, if an "Annual" rule is Based On the Due Date and has -45 Based On Days, the "Annual" rule will be processed 45 days prior to the recurring inspections due date.
- Select a Report from the drop-down menu, if applicable. This report will be attached to the interval.
- If the recurring inspection account should change to a specific status once the rule is run, select the Status from the drop-down menu. This is the status that will display in the information bar at the top of the recurring inspection account.
- Click Save.
- If any penalty fees should be added to the interval when the rule is run, click the pencil icon () that displays in the Fees column.
- In the window that appears, click the plus sign icon beside any fee to associate it with this interval rule.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this process to add any additional interval rules to the recurring inspection type.