Distribution Groups allow you to group users together in SmartGov. Notifications can be sent to a group rather than having to set up the notifications for each individual. Groups also allow you to assign tasks to multiple users at once and quickly update the users included in the group. *Note: We recommend assigning workflow steps to Distribution Groups as this allows the jurisdiction to easily update the assignee configuration without having to update each individual step.
Creating a distribution group
- Click on Administration from the navigation menu, then click Department/User Setup.
- Select Distribution Groups.
- Click Create.
- Enter a Name and brief Description for the distribution group.
- Click Add in the Members section.
- Begin typing or click the magnifying glass icon () to select a user to add to the distribution group.
- Repeat this process to add any additional members.
- Click Save to create the distribution group.