Code enforcement setup: Main tab
The Main tab allows users to view and update the general configuration settings of the case type such as days to process and mobile options. *Note: The information displayed on this tab reflects the information entered when the case type was created.
Main tab options
- Enter the following information *Note: The Name, Description, and Department field are the only required fields.:
- Name: This required field is what is displayed on a code enforcement case’s main tab as a reference for the SmartGov user processing or viewing code enforcement cases of this case type.
- Description: This required field should be a brief description of what this case type is used for within your jurisdiction. *Note: This description will also populate on the Citizen Portal.
- Department: Select the department this case type should be associated with from the drop-down menu. SmartGov users assigned to a particular department will see their department's case types when searching and creating cases.
- Days to Process: Enter the number of days this case should take to process.
- Number Pattern: This allows SmartGov to manage the number sequence for case numbers on cases of this type.
You can click the additional information button () to view the Number Pattern Legend which contains a variety of examples on how to configure a case type's number pattern.
- Mobile Options: Check this box to allow cases of this case type to be created while working offline on the SmartGov mobile app.
- Click Save.
Additional code enforcement case actions
- Inactivate: Click this link to no longer allow code enforcement cases of this case type to be created in SmartGov. This will remove this case type as a selectable option when creating new code enforcement cases and requests.
- Audit: Click this link to see a list of all changes made to the case type.
- Copy: Often times multiple case types are needed with similar configurations. After setting up the first case type, you can easily copy the configurations to a new one.
- Click the Copy button.
- Enter the name for the new case type in the New Name field.
- Enter the New Description.
- Click the Copy button. The new case type will be created with the same configurations of the original case type.