How to Troubleshoot slow performance
When experiencing performance issues in your Brightly products, use the following questions and troubleshooting steps to narrow down and identify the causes.
Number of users and computers affected
Determine if the decrease in performance is affecting multiple users and computers, or just one.
- To determine if the decrease in performance is only affecting one user, have another user access the product from that computer. If they do not experience the issue, the problem is likely associated with one specific user. Have the affected user test the product from another workstation to verify this.
- If the slowness is only affecting one computer, have the user close any other programs running in the background which may be taking up system resources. If they continue to experience an issue, have them access the product from another computer. If they do not experience the issue from another workstation, the problem is likely specific to one computer.
- If you have determined the issue is affecting a specific user or a specific computer, contact your IT department for assistance.
- If you have determined the issue is affecting multiple users or computers, partner with your IT department to address the troubleshooting steps below.
Connection problems may occur because a firewall, company network, or other network is configured in a way that affects the performance of Brightly's products.
- Try accessing the product off of your company or organization’s network. For example, you may try your home network or other location with high-speed Internet. If you do not experience the issue, then the problem is only occurring on a specific network. Contact your IT department to have them run a speed test to obtain more information about the current network connection.
- If you're behind a corporate firewall, ensure your network configuration is not blocking Brightly's IP ranges and domains. For more information, see Allowed Domains and IP Addresses for Brightly.
- Try accessing a different website to determine if the slowness is limited to the Brightly product or is part of a larger network problem.
- If you have determined that the issue is occurring outside of your network, find out if your Internet Service Provider is having issues.
Brightly's products work best with modern web browsers. To determine if the issue is browser related, we recommend the following steps:
- Make sure you are using the most recent version of your browser.
- Try using a different browser.
- Ensure your browser does not have plug-ins or extensions that may be interfering with Brightly's products.
- Try closing other browser windows to determine if they are impacting performance.
- Try clearing the cookies on your browser to see if it resolves the issue.
Recent changes or updates
Contact your IT department to determine if any changes have been recently made that would cause issues with Brightly's products (i.e., Windows updates, security updates, etc.).
If you've followed all of the troubleshooting suggestions above and are still having performance issues, contact Brightly's Client Services for further assistance. Please provide the results of the above troubleshooting steps so we can further investigate the slowness.