Locations are the places where events happen. Event Manager supports two types of managed locations, Global Locations and Site Locations. Global Locations are created by the Tenant administrator and shared to all sites. Site Locations are created by the Site Administrator and are not shared to all sites, they are local to that specific site.
To access Site Locations or Global Locations:
- Click on Settings from the side navigation menu.
- Click on Locations under Site Administration or Global Locations under Global Administration.
In order to accurately define the purpose(s) for each Location, they can be assigned Types and Usages. *Note: These settings are only required if you have access to the Community Portal feature.
- Click on Location Settings.
Types are used to represent the physical characteristics of a space, such as a practice facility or convention center.
To add a Type:
- Click Add a Type.
- Enter the Type in the panel.
- Click Save.
Usages are a representation of the types of events that a facility or space would be used for, such as soccer, team practice, or theater performance.
To add a Usage:
- Click Add a Usage.
- Enter the Usage in the panel.
- Click Save.
- From the Locations page, click on the Add A Location button.
- Enter the Location Nameand click the check mark icon to save the name.
- Select the Active toggle if you would like this location to be available for booking throughout Event Manager.
- Select the Bookable by Community toggle if you would like this location to be available for booking by Community Portal Users. *Note: Activating this toggle with make the Description field, Types, and Usages required to save this location.
- Click the down arrow icon next to Parent & Child Locations to view or edit any Parent or Child relationships for this location.
- Start typing or click the down arrow icon next to Copy Details From if you would like to copy the details from another location. This is useful if you have multiple locations that are very similar and you don't want to enter the information for each location.
Enter any relevant information about this Location in the tabs on the Details panel.
Description & Address
- Enter a Description for the location. This will display when a user searches for the location in Event Manager or from the Community Portal.
- Enter a Capacity.
- Fill in the appropriate information for the Address and Phone number.
- Check the Use Parent Address box to populate all fields on this tab with information from the Parent Location, if applicable.
- Click on the Restrictions tab from the Details panel.
- If you would like to Only allow this location to be booked within a certain time range, you can set a minimum and maximum number of days or hours here:
- Select Hours or Days from the drop down menu next to Minimum and enter the appropriate number. *Note: This will restrict event requests from being entered for this location after the defined value. For example, if you have entered 7 days as the minimum, you will not be able to enter a request for this location if there are fewer than 7 days before the event.
- Select Hours or Days from the drop down menu next to Maximum and enter the appropriate number. *Note: This will restrict event requests from being entered for this location before the defined value. For example, if you have entered 365 days as the maximum, you will not be able to enter a request for this location if there are more than 365 days before the event.
- Check the box next to Prevent Double-booking if you do not want it to be possible for more than one event to be scheduled at the same time for this location. *Note: Unchecking this box or leaving it unchecked may result in double-bookings and can create schedule conflicts.
- Click Add a Set of Hours if you would like to define the days and times that a location should be reserved for internal booking. You can set a different set of available hours for the weekdays and weekends. *Note: Community Portal users will only be allowed to enter an event request for this location outside of any defined bookable hours set on this tab.
- Select the appropriate days of the week.
- Click on the Open field and select the start of the booking period.
- Click on the Close field and select the end of the booking period.
- Click on the Pictures tab from the Details panel.
- Here, you can Upload an image, link a URL from the internet, or Choose From Library to display on the location view. Once added, a preview of the image will display.*Note: The image should have a 1.4: 1 aspect ratio and will display as 350 x 250 pixels. The maximum file size is 3 MB.
- Click on the top Star icon to make a picture the Thumbnail image for this location. This will cause the picture to display on all list pages and the Community Portal.
- Click on the bottom Star icon to make a picture the Banner image for this location. This will cause this picture to display as the primary banner image when viewing the location from the Community Portal.
Types are used to determine the physical characteristics of a location. For example, a gym might be better defined as an athletic facility than a classroom.
- Click on the Type tab from the Details panel.
- Check the box next to each applicable Type for this location. *Note: Once types are defined for this location, they can be used to search or filter for this location from a list in Event Manager.
Usages are used to define what purpose a facility is best equipped to serve. For example, a theater might make a better facility for an assembly, concert, or performance, than for an athletic event.
- Click on the Usages tab from the Details panel.
- Check the box next to each applicable Usage for this location. *Note: Once usages are defined for this location, they can be used to search or filter for this location from a list in Event Manager.
Invoice Packages can be associated with Locations for the purpose of conditional pricing. This can be done on each individual package or from the Location Details page.
- Under the Additional Details panel, click into the search field and start typing to filter the list of Packages if necessary.
- Select a Package to add it to the list of associated packages for this location. *Note: Packages can be disassociated from a location at any time by clicking Remove next to the package name.
- Click Save Changes.
Search for an Existing Location
- Click on the search field and enter your search term.
- Hit Enter on your keyboard to filter the list of locations by the term.
- Click Change next to any of the available filters for the location list.
- Adjust the filters as necessary and click Apply to filter the list of locations by the terms.
Add a Child Location
- From the Locations list, click on the Add Child button next to the location you would like to add a child location to.
- Add all necessary information to the new Location.
- Click Save.
Modify an Existing Location
- From the Locations list, click on the Edit button next to the location you would like to make changes to.
- Make the necessary changes to the location's information.
- Click Save.
Delete an Existing Location
- From the Locations list, click on the Delete button next to the location you would like to remove. *Note: A Location cannot be deleted if it has been associated with an event, or if it has a child location.