Event Manager overview
Event Manager is an online event and calendar management solution that allows you to publish and share events with your community. Depending on your contract, you may have the ability to create more than one calendar within your account. If you do not currently own Event Manager and would like more information, please click here.
Recommended web browsers
Below are the recommended web browsers to use with Event Manager. *Note: All web browsers should be updated to their latest versions to ensure they have all of the current security patches and updates.
Microsoft Edge: current and previous version
Google Chrome: current and previous version
Firefox: current and previous version
Safari on Mac: current and previous version *Note: We do not recommend using Safari on Windows.
Below, you will find a list of commonly used terminology that will be important to understand as you work with Event Manager.
- Tenant License: contains all of your calendar sites, users, and other features. You may see this also referred to as the Tenant.
- Tenant Calendar: the first calendar created with your License, often the master (or roll-up) calendar. This calendar will be created for you by Dude Solutions.
- Site(s): you can have 1 site (your Tenant Calendar) or if you have purchased additional licenses, you can have multiple Calendar Sites. These are typically used when you want to specifically group event content. Each Site is given its own URL and can have unique properties, so settings applied to one Site may not affect other Sites. The content of Sites can display on the Tenant Calendar or remain separate.
- In the example below, this Tenant License has 3 calendar sites:
- Example Site 1: Tenant Calendar, events.dudesolutions.com/dude
- Example Site 2: Academic Calendar, events.dudesolutions.com/dude/site/academic
- Example Site 3: College of Medicine, events.dudesolutions.com/dude/site/medicine