Global custom fields
The Global Custom Fields page allows you to create custom event fields that will appear in the Additional Event Information section of the Create an Event form. The custom fields you add here are shared with all of your calendar sites. Global Custom Fields are best used to standardize the event entry process across all of your calendar sites. Global Custom Fields are displayed to site visitors when browsing events. Additionally, administrators can use Global Custom Fields to create shares, customize the search bar on the calendar front end, and configure event aggregation.
To access the Global Custom Fields page:
- Click on the gear icon () to access the Site Administration settings page.
- Click on Global Custom Fields under Global Administration.
Adding a global custom field
- Click Add new global custom field.
- Provide the following information:
- Name: Enter a name for this field. It will appear on the Add an Event page, and in event descriptions. For example: Account Code, Activity Type, or Audience.
- Active: If selected, the field will be available to all calendar sites.
- Required: If selected, the event author will not be able to leave this field blank on the Create an Event page.
- Multi-Select: If selected, an event author can choose more than one option from the list of available options on the Create an Event page.
- Click Submit. The page will refresh with a new section for Options. Options are the list of values available for a Global Custom Field. For example, if the title of your field is Audience, your Options may include Staff, Students, and General Public.
- Click Add new option.
- Type the name of the option to be added in the Global Custom Field text box.
- In the Actions drop down menu, click Insert.
- Repeat this process for all options needed, then click Submit. Click Return to List to see the list of all Global Custom Fields.
Modifying and deleting global custom fields
Whether you are trying to manage the list of Global Custom Fields, or the Options associated with a Global Custom Field, the functionality is the same.
To modify a global custom field:
- From the list of Global Custom Fields, click on the Actions drop down next to the Field you would like to edit and select Edit. *Note: To edit an Option associated with this Global Custom Field, repeat this process for that Option in the list.
- Make the necessary changes to the Global Custom Field's information.
- Click Submit to save your changes.
To delete a global custom field:
- From the list of Global Custom Fields, click on the Actions drop down menu next to the Field you would like to delete and select Delete. *Note: To delete an Option associated with this Global Custom field, select Edit from the Actions drop down menu next to the Global Custom Field, then click Delete from the Actions drop down menu next to the Option you would like to delete.