Adding Contractors and Suppliers
How to Add a Contractor or Supplier
- Click on the Add button in the top right corner of the page and select Staff/Contractor/Supplier.
- Select either Contractor or Supplier under Who are you adding? *Note: If this person is both a Contractor and a Supplier, select Contractor.
- Enter the Company Name.
- Select the Department and Role from the pick lists.
- If you are entering a contractor, we suggest entering the contractor's trades into the Trades/Supplies field. This helps the person assigning labor to make sure the most qualified person is assigned to the work.
- Enter the COI Expiry and Expiration date if needed. A reminder of the expiration will appear on the main dashboard within 90 days of the dates entered.
- Enter any additional information for the contractor/supplier.
- Click Save. *Note: After saving the information in the General Info section, additional options will appear on the page.
- If needed, click the Upload Photo link to select a photo of the contractor/supplier from your computer.
- To add a contact to the contractor/supplier click the New Contact button.
- In the Add New Contact window, enter the contact's First Name, Last Name, and any additional details.
- Select the Department from the pick list.
- If this contact needs to be the primary contact, check the Make Primary Contact box.
- If the contact is responsible for supplies and ordering for the company, check the Purchasing Contact box.
- Click Save to add this contact to the contractor/supplier.
In this section, you can enter information about any service contract you have with the contractor/supplier.
- Click on Contractor/Supplier Info to expand this panel.
- Check the box if you have a Service Contract with the contractor/supplier.
- Enter any details about the contract and click Save.
You can also enter supplier information in this section.
- Enter the Account #.
- If you have a Supplier Discount, enter the discount as a percentage.
- Include any shipping costs and payment information in the remaining fields and click Save.
In this section, you can select a pay rate for the contractor/supplier.
- Click on Rates to expand this panel.
- Select the Rate Name by clicking the field and choosing an option from the pick list.
- Enter the Rate.
- Select the Effective date in the mini calendar.
- Check the Default box if this is the contractor/supplier's default rate.
- Click the Save icon ().
In this section, you can add any certifications for the contractor/supplier.
- Click on Certifications to expand this panel.
- Select the Certification by clicking the field and choosing an option from the pick list.
- Select the Expiry Date and Certification Date by clicking in the field and choosing the date on the mini calendar.
- Enter any Requirements if necessary.
- Click the Save icon ().
In this section, you can add any attachments from your computer, the web, or from a Dropbox account.
- Click on Attachments to expand this panel.
- Click the Add Files link.
- The File Selection window will display a list of files recently uploaded to the File Library.
Use the Search field to search for additional files.
Check the box for any file you would like to attach to the contractor or supplier, then click the Add Files button.
If the file does not currently exist in the library, click the +New File button to attach the file to the contractor or supplier.
In the window that appears, choose the source of the attachment. *Note: If a new image or document is attached to the project, it will also be uploaded to the File Library.
Select Choose File to upload a file from your computer.
Select Dropbox to link to a file in a Dropbox account.
Select URL to enter a link to a document or file on a web page.
If you have selected the wrong file, click the Remove link and repeat this process to select the correct file.
Enter a note or description of the file in the optional Notes field, then click the Add Files button.
The Log is where any changes made to the contractor/supplier will be recorded.
- Click Log to expand this panel.
- You can record a note in the Log by clicking the New Note button.
- Enter the note in the text box and click Save.