How to Create an IT Incident
*Note: Any field marked with a red check () is a required field.
- Click on the New Request tab.
- Identify where the work needs to be done by choosing the Location.
- If your organization utilizes the Building field, select one from the drop down box.
- Choose the general Area that best fits the location of the request.
- Enter the specific area in the Area Number field. *Note: The Area Number field is alphanumeric and is where you can enter specific room names or numbers.
- If the incident is related to an Asset being tracked in Incident, select it from the Asset Inventory drop down box.
- Select the appropriate Problem Type to identify what type of work is being requested.
- Please describe your problem or request in the open text box.
- The rest of the steps on the form may vary depending on how the account was set up. Please fill in the appropriate fields and make sure to enter information into all required fields.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the form to save and submit your request.