MySchoolBuilding is the online portal that requesters use to access the incident request form. Bringing requesters on board saves time for the IT department, streamlines the work flow process, and enhances communication.
How to Set Up the MySchoolBuilding Page
- Click on the Account Setup tab.
- Click on the Setup MySchoolBuilding link.
- Use the links in the Quick Navigation section to access each setup step. Click the Save/Next Step button on each page to save your selections.
MySchoolBuilding Setup Steps
- Adding your Logo gives you a way to personalize the IT request page. Choose the image file from your computer (must be 150 x 50 pixels) and click Add/Update Logo. *Note: If you have already added your logo in Incident, it will automatically carry over to the IT Request tab on the MySchoolBuilding page.
- Select a predefined Introduction Paragraph or create your own to provide instructions for requesters to follow. It will be displayed under the Request Form Title.
- Show Incident Request Form separately from MaintenanceDirect Request Form - We highly recommend that you select Yes. This will put the IT request form on a separate tab on the MySchoolBuilding page, reducing confusion for your requesters.
- Your Web Site URL and Hyperlink Name- Enter the organization's URL and website name to provide requesters with an easy way to return to your organization's homepage.
- Incident Form Title - Enter a title for the top of the request form.
- Show Assigned To - This will allow the requester to see which user has been assigned to the incident.
- Show Tag Number and Is Tag Number a required field - You can choose to provide a open text field where the user can provide the tag number of the asset. You can also choose to make this a required field.
- Show Attach New File - This allows requesters to attach a maximum of 2 files with a size of 3MB or less per file to their incident request.
- Is Phone Number a required field - You can opt to make the requester's phone number required.
- Is Area/Room Number a required field - You can opt to make the Area/Room Number field required.
- Hide Requested Completion Date - Choose if you would like the requesters to have the option to select a completion date for their request.
- Select the format for Problem Types - Select Icons or Combo List (drop-down).
- Show Building and Is Building a required field - If you are not using Building codes in Incident, do not show Buildings on the MySchoolBuilding page.
- Show Time Available for Maintenance field and Is Time Available for Maintenance a required field - This option provides an open text field where the requester can specify the best time for a technician to assist them.
- Creating an Emergency Contact List is a way to provide your requesters with a list of emergency contact names and numbers. If you do not want requesters to have the option to identify an incident as an emergency, you can hide this information by putting a check in the box next to Hide Incident Emergency checkbox and Emergency Contact list. The emergency contacts will still appear under the Help tab of the requester page.
- Administrators can populate the Requester List one at a time by entering a requester's first name, last name, and email address. *Note: It is not necessary to add all your requesters into the account manually. They can add themselves when entering their first incident request. To do this, they must have been given instructions for accessing the MySchoolBuilding page, including the organization account number and the correct submittal password.
- Requesters will be required to enter the MySchoolBuilding password, known as the submittal password, when entering an incident. Administrators will choose that password and enter it in this step. The submittal password is a shared password that all requesters must use.
Budget Codes for Requester
- If you would like your requesters to select a Budget Code on the request form, you can activate that entry field and also select if it is required or not. You can also select the Default Budget Code that will automatically populate on the request form. Select the other budget codes that you want to make available by checking the boxes under Use in MSB.
Purpose Codes for Requester
- If you would like your requesters to select a Purpose Code on the request form, you can activate that entry field and also select if it is required or not. You can also select the Default Purpose Code that will automatically populate on the request form. Select the other purpose codes that you want to make available by checking the boxes under Use in MSB.
- Click on the gray thumbs down icon next to the Questionnaire that you would like to turn on. This will change the icon to a yellow thumbs up and the Questionnaire will now be visible on the MySchoolBuilding requester page.
View your MySchoolBuilding link
- The link provided is one that your requesters can use to access the online incident request form. *Note: This link can be embedded into your organization's homepage for easy access to the MySchoolBuilding page.
Below are links to Requester Guide word documents that you can download and modify to fit your organization. Add your Organization Account Number, Submittal Password, and your MySchoolBuilding portal link to the document as well as delete any request form steps that you have not made available in your account. Then you can send the document out to your requesters so they will have all the information needed to login and submit requests. For clients that use ConnectAuthenticate for single sign-on, modify that guide instead.