The Custom Category is a user defined field that allows you to group incidents with additional information important to your organization. You can define the category label and populate the items in the drop down list. This field is particularly useful if you are already utilizing the other codes (problem type, purpose, project, etc.) on the incident form. The custom category gives you the flexibility to create your own code for your incidents.
How to Define the Custom Category
- Click on the Account Setup tab.
- Click on the Account Info link.
- Define the name of your Custom Category field located halfway down the Account Information page.
- Click the Update Information button to save.
How to Populate the Custom Category List
- Click on the Add link under the Actions Menu.
- Click on the name of the Custom Category you have defined.
- Enter the Custom Category Description. *Note: These will be the items populated in the Custom Category drop down list on the incident form.
- Click Submit to save.