Purpose Codes offer you an excellent way of grouping and tracking incidents. For example, vandalism incidents could cover a range of jobs, from broken keyboards to repairing viruses. Grouping them together with a purpose code allows you to easily run a report for all of these incidents regardless of the problem type they were entered under. If you are also tracking costs, this could assist you in compiling a list of charges for the vandal to pay to cover the damage.
How to View and Create Purpose Codes
- Click on the List link under the Actions Menu.
- Click on the Purposes link.
- To add a new Purpose Code, click on Add New Purpose on the right side of the page.
- Enter in the Purpose Description and click the Submit button to save.
How to Edit or Delete a Purpose Code
- To edit an existing Purpose Code, click on the purpose code name from the list. Change the Purpose Description and click Submit.
- To delete a purpose code that has never been used, click on the Purpose Code name from the list and click the Delete button. *Note: A purpose code that has been selected on incidents cannot be deleted until you have removed the purpose code from every incident that it is associated with.