Back to Planned Maintenance Main Menu
Disabling a User's Login
When a user leaves your organization, you will want to disable their login so that they can no longer access the system or receive email notifications. We recommend disabling a user account rather than deleting it to preserve the history of the work orders associated with the user account.
How to Disable a User
- Click on Account Setup.
- Click on the PM Users link.
- Click on the name of the user you would like to disable.
- Scroll down the Planned Maintenance Participant Information page to the Disable Login? option.
- Put a check mark in the box. The Effective on date will populate with today's date, but you can enter a different date if needed.
- Click Next Step to save this information. You can then navigate back to the user list. Disabled users will be marked with this icon () beside their name.
Deleting a User
<![CDATA[ ]]>In order to protect your data integrity, we highly suggest disabling the user instead of deleting. Deleting a user may have a negative impact on your reporting by misrepresenting who was responsible for the work. If you still need to delete the user, you must remove the user from all PM Schedules. *Note: Disassociating data from a user could be time intensive depending on how much data is tied to that user. Contact our Legendary Support Team to learn more about additional data services options.
- Reassign PM Schedules - If the user is assigned to PM Schedules, you will be unable to delete them. Please refer to our Batch Reassigning PM Schedules page for more information on reassigning schedules.
- Once you have removed the user from any PM schedules, the user can be deleted by clicking the Delete button on the user's information page. An error message will appear if the user is still associated with account data.