Track materials purchased for work orders by entering Purchase Transactions.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
Entering Purchase Transactions
- Open an existing work order by clicking on the work order number in the Assigned Work section of your home page or by typing the work order number into the Search for field.
- Scroll down the work order and look for the section titled Transactions. Click on New Purchase Transaction.
- Fill in the required information indicated with the red checkmark ().
- Trns Date will automatically populate with the current date, but you can change it if needed.
- Identify the Type of purchase transaction from the drop down list. (Materials, Rentals, Contract Services, Material Return, or Discount)
- Enter a Description of the purchase. (Materials: What was purchased? Rentals: What was rented? Contracted Services: What services were contracted out? Etc.)
- Identify the Quantity purchased.
- In the Cost Each field, enter the cost per unit. *Note: If the quantity is 1, the Cost Each entered will be the total cost.
- If the work order has been completed, you can change the status to Complete by checking the Complete Work Order box.
- Click on Submit at the bottom of the page to save the transaction. *Note: New Transactions cannot be added to Closed status work orders. However, you can change the status of the work order back to Complete, save it, add your transactions, then save it back to Closed status.