MySchoolBuilding.com is the online portal that requesters use to access the work order request form. Bringing requesters on board saves time for the maintenance and operations department, streamlines the work flow process, and enhances communication.
How to Set Up the MySchoolBuilding page
- Click on the Account Setup tab.
- Hover over the Shortcuts menu and click on the MySchoolBuilding Setup Wizard link.
- To begin the setup wizard, click the Start button in the flow chart.
- As you complete each step of the flow chart, click Next Step at the bottom of each page. This saves your selections and moves you to the next step in the process.
MSB Setup Steps
Adding your Logo gives you a way to personalize the maintenance request page. If you have already added your logo in MaintenanceDirect, it will automatically carry over to the MySchoolBuilding page.
- Adding your organization's Website Hyperlink provides your requesters with an easy way to return to your organization's homepage from the MySchoolBuilding page.
- Enter the Request Form Title to display at the top of the work order form.
- Select a predefined Introduction Paragraph or create your own to provide instructions for requesters to follow. It will be displayed under the Request Form Title.
- Creating a Contact List is a way to provide your requesters with a list of emergency contact names and numbers. If you do not want requesters to have the option to identify a work order as an emergency, you can hide this information by putting a check in the box next to Hide Emergency checkbox and Emergency Contact List. The emergency contacts will still appear under the Help tab of the requester page.
- Administrators can populate a Requester List one a time by entering a requester's first name, last name, and email address. *Note: It is not necessary to add all your requesters into the account manually. They can add themselves when entering their first work request. To do this, they must have been given instructions for accessing the MySchoolBuilding page, including the organization account number and the correct submittal password.
- Requesters will be required to enter the MySchoolBuilding Password, known as the submittal password, when entering a work order. Administrators will choose that password and enter it in this step of the wizard. The submittal password is a shared password that all requesters must use.
- If you would like your requesters to select a Budget Code on the request form, you can activate that entry field and also select if it is required or not. You can also select the Default Budget Code that will automatically populate on the request form.
- Select Budget Codes for Requester to choose from, if necessary to change from the default.
- Decide whether or not to Show/Hide Assigned To & Equipment fields on the My Requests page.
- Assigned To will show the requester who has been assigned to their work order. One benefit to this is that the requester will be able to email the assigned person from their request page to give them additional information, if needed.
- Showing the Equipment field will allow the requester to select a piece of equipment needing repair on the work order form.
- Also in this step, Administrators will decide whether the requester's Phone Number and Area/Room Number are optional or required fields.
- If you would like your requesters to select a Purpose Code on the request form, you can activate that entry field and also select if it is required or not. You can also select the Default Purpose Code that will automatically populate on the request form.
- Select Purpose Codes for Requester to choose from, if necessary to change from the default. This will be very beneficial if your organization uses purpose codes as part of the automatic routing.
- Decide whether or not you wish to Hide Requested Completion Date field on the request form.
- Select Craft Format for requesters. Administrators can choose between a Combo List (drop down list) or Icons.
- Select Locations for Requesters. Administrators can select which Locations will be available to Requesters and Site Administrators on their new work order request forms.
- Under the Use in MSB column, put a check in the box next to every Location you want to make available to Requesters and Site Administrators. *Note: If you remove a check mark from an already available Location, all associated Buildings will also be removed.
- Click the Save button. *Note: You must save your selections on each page before viewing and making selections on the next page of Locations.
- Determine whether or not to Show/Hide Building drop down list. *Note: If you are not using Building codes in MaintenanceDirect, it is recommended to hide this field.
- Select Buildings for Requesters. Administrators can also select which Buildings will be available to Requesters and Site Administrators.
- Under the Use in MSB column, put a check in the box next to every Building you want to make available to Requesters and Site Administrators. *Note: You will only be able to activate Buildings that are associated with Locations that have been checked for use in MSB.
- Click the Save button. *Note: You must save your selections on each page before viewing and making selections on the next page of Buildings.
- Choose whether the Time Available for Maintenance field will be provided for requesters and if so, will it be an optional or required field.
- Enter an Email Us address for your requesters to contact with any questions or comments.
- Decide whether or not to Show/Hide Attachment option. Showing the Attachment step allows requesters to attach any kind of documentation, drawing, diagram, etc. to the work order.
- View Sample allows you to preview the MaintenanceDirect MySchoolBuilding page that you have set up.
Below are links to Requester Guide word documents that you can download and modify to fit your organization. Add your Organization Account Number, Submittal Password, and your MySchoolBuilding portal link to the document as well as delete any request form steps that you have not made available in your account. Then you can send the document out to your requesters so they will have all the information needed to login and submit requests. For clients that use ConnectAuthenticate for single sign-on, modify that guide instead.