The Custom Category is a user defined field that allows you to group work orders with additional information important to your organization. You can define the category label and populate the items in the drop down list. This field is particularly useful if you are already utilizing the other codes (craft, purpose, project, etc.) on the work order form. The custom category gives you the flexibility to create your own code for your work orders.
How to Define the Custom Category
- Click on the Account Setup tab.
- Click on the Account Information link.
- Define the name of your Custom Category field located halfway down the Account Information page.
- Click the Update Information button to save. This renames the Custom Category field. The field on the work order form will now be labeled with the new name you have given it.
How to Populate the Custom Category List
Watch the Video Tutorial:
- Click on the Add link under the Actions Menu.
- Click on the name of the Custom Category you have defined.
- Enter the Custom Category Description. *Note: These will be the items populated in the Custom Category drop down list on the work order form.
- Check the option to Display in PMD to have your custom category be available in the Preventative Maintenance application.
- Click Submit to save.