- To enter a new work order, click on the NEW WORK ORDER tab.
- Enter a Description to describe what work needs to be completed.
- Click the magnifying glass on the Location/Equipment line to select a location or piece of equipment that will be tracked on this work order. If your Location or Equipment contains sub-locations or sub-equipment, a tree icon will be located beside the Location/Equipment Name. Click this to view the sub-locations or sub-equipment. *Note: If you are tracking usage on the selected equipment, you will see a Record Usage link appear below the Location/Equipment field. Click this to open a side panel where you can see the Last Reading for the asset, as well as update the Reading if needed.
- In the Status drop down, New Request is selected by default. *Note: If entering a work order that is already in progress or has been completed, you can choose the appropriate status.
- In the Priority drop down, Medium is selected by default. Click on the down arrow to choose another priority level if needed.
- Click on the down arrow on the Purpose field to choose a Purpose that best describes why the work is being requested.
- If your organization is utilizing Projects and you would like to track a project against the work order, select one from the drop down.
- Click on the magnifying glass in the Assigned To field to select a user that will be assigned to this work. If an additional user needs to be assigned to the work order, click on the magnifying glass again and select another user.
- Select a Trade to describe what type of work needs to be done.
- The Request Date defaults to the current date and time that the work order is being entered.
- You are able to manually enter in a date by highlighting the current date and erasing it, or by clicking on the calendar icon to select a new date. *Note: Request Dates can be backdated. If you are clearing the date it will also clear the time. Once a new date is entered, the time will default to 12:00 AM.
- Update the time by highlighting the current time and erasing it. Once a new time is entered, click on the down arrow to select whether time is AM or PM.
- Identify the name of the Requester in the Requested By section by clicking on the magnifying glass. By default, the user who is entering the work order will be listed.
- The Action Taken field is used to document what was done to resolve the problem or request.
- You are able to track Downtime on your equipment by entering hours, minutes, and costs associated with that downtime.
- Select a Failure Reason from the drop down to document why the equipment failed.
- Enter a Completion Date to document when the work was completed. *Note: The Completion Date must be on or after the Request Date. If creating a work order with a status of Complete, the Completion Date becomes a required field.
- Click on the plus sign to add a new attachment. *Note: You are able to upload up to 100 attachments.
- If the attachment is an image, you will see a preview of the image.
- Click on the preview of the image to see a larger version of it. *Note: There is no file size limit, however, images over 10MB will not generate a preview. Common file types you can attach are JPEG, PNG, PDF, Excel, and Word Documents.
- Click on the plus sign to add a new Link.
In the side panel, enter the URL. *Note: When a URL is entered, the link's name, description, and thumbnail image will automatically populate if available. This information can be saved as-is or edited before saving.
- Click Done.
- Your link will now be visible on the work order. Click the pencil icon to edit the link, or click the trash can icon to delete it.
Click Save at the bottom of the New Work Order form. The work order will now be assigned a work order ID number.