Adding Work Order Comments
Work Order Comments help the maintenance team keep the Requester in the loop about what's going on with a Work Order. Requesters can post comments on Work Orders as well, either updating them about the problem or responding to any questions that the maintenance team has asked.
Examples of Work Order Comments:
- Maintenance team to Requester: "I tried to stop by your room but you weren't there. I'll drop by again tomorrow."
- Requester: "The noise isn't happening anymore but if you could still come by and check it out that would be great"
- Maintenance team to Requester: "We had to order a part for this - it should be here in about a week."
How to Add a Work Order Comment
On an existing work order, click on the Comments tab to the right of the work order form.
- Add your comment to the field provided in the Comments section.
- Click Post Comment to save your comment to the work order.
- Once your comment has been posted, an email notification about the comment will be sent to all Assignees of the work order. If an Administrator or Technician has added a comment for you to read, you will also receive an email notification.