Transfer transactions are used when you need to move inventory items from one pool to another. Transfers do not change the on-hand quantity amount or the total cost of the inventory, they only change the quantities in the individual pools. Required fields are indicated by a red check box ().
Entering Transfers (Clerk Form)
- Click on the Transfers link in the Information & Analysis section of the home page.
- On this page, you can enter up to five transfer transactions at one time. The field headings in the bar at the top correspond to the entry fields in the columns below.
- The Transaction Date will automatically populate with today's date.
- Select the Inventory Type of the item from the drop down list.
- Type the Item Number into the field or click on the binoculars icon to open a pop-up window where you can search for and select the item.
- Enter the Quantity of items that you want to transfer.
- In the Transfer From field, select the Pool that the inventory items are being moved from.
- In the Transfer To field, select the Pool that the inventory items are being moved to.
- Enter Notes if needed.
- Click Save at the bottom of the form.