MySchoolBuilding.com is the online portal that Requesters use to access the inventory request form and catalog. A best practice would be to designate certain people to be Requesters for their Location, such as department heads or administrative assistants.
How to Set Up the MySchoolBuilding Page
- Click on the Setup tab.
- Click on the Setup MySchoolBuilding link in the Shortcuts section at the top of the page.
- You can choose to show the Budget Code and Building information on the request form and whether or not Budget and Building are required.
*Note: If you are not using Budget Codes or Buildings in your InventoryDirect account, they do not need to be shown on the form.
- If you would like to allow Requesters to be able to print the catalog, select Yes for that option.
- Enter Your MSB Admin Contact Name and Phone Number. This information will appear on the MySchoolBuilding Help link page.
- Enter the Submittal Password. This password is required for Requesters to access the inventory catalog and submit requests.
- Select if you would like to Hide the Unit Price information. The cart total will only be displayed when the unit price is also displayed.
- Enter an Email Us address for someone at your organization that Requesters can contact with any questions or comments.
- Select a predefined Introduction Paragraph or create your own to provide instructions for requesters to follow. It will be displayed under the filtering options on the inventory request page.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Below are links to Requester Guide word documents that you can download and modify to fit your organization. Add your Organization Account Number, Submittal Password, and your MySchoolBuilding portal link to the document as well as delete any request form steps that you have not made available in your account. Then you can send the document out to your requesters so they will have all the information needed to login and submit requests. For clients that use ConnectAuthenticate for single sign-on, modify that guide instead.