Back to InventoryDirect Main Menu
Discontinuing Inventory Items
Discontinue Items from Add/Update Inventory Page
- Select the Inventory tab and click on the Item Number of the item you wish to discontinue. You can also search for the item number in the Search for box.
- In the Disposition section of the Add/Update Inventory page, Select to Discontinue the item by clicking the Yes option.
- By default, today's date will populate as the date the item was discontinued. You can edit this date if needed. *Note: You will still be able to process transactions until the end of the date listed. If you need the item discontinued immediately, we recommend entering yesterday's date
- Click Save to discontinue the Item.
- Discontinued items will have a () icon appear next to the Item Type in your inventory list.
Discontinue Items from the Home Page
- Items with no inventory activity in an extended amount of time will appear in the Inventory Activity section on the right side of the home page. *Note: Click the edit link to adjust the period of inactivity.
- Click the Discontinue button for any items that need to be discontinued.
- A pop-up will appear where you can edit the discontinue date if needed.
- Click Save to discontinue the item.