Running the Model
With your Building Components added and updated, you are ready to run the model! Running the model will create your renewal needs for the next 30 years.
Running the Model
- On the right side of the home page, there is a Model Build Status section.
- When the model is ready to build, you will see a green indicator light and the word Ready. Click on the Ready link.
- This takes you to a page where you will see list of the previous times the model has run.
- Click Build Model Now to run the model.
- A new entry will be added to the list with the Status of Pending.
If you go back to the home page, you may see that the indicator light has turned red and says Processing. This indicates that the model is still running. Do not make any changes in CapitalForecastDirect while that indicator is red, as you could lose those changes once the model has finished running.
- When the model has finished, the indicator light will turn green again. You are then able to make edits and changes to the system.
The system has now created Needs in your account for the 30 year capital plan length.
- Click on the Needs tab to view the list of needs that have been created.
- Click on the Need ID to view the information for that need.
- You can edit the information on the Need as necessary.
- Create a work order for this need by clicking the Save & Create Work Order button at the bottom of the page. The work order will be created in MaintenanceDirect.
You can also add new Needs and edit existing needs by using the Import feature.
- Click on the Import Data link under the Information & Analysis section of the home page. Hover over the Shortcuts menu and click Import.
- Click the Download Template link next to Needs and save the Excel file to your computer.
- Fill out the fields on the spreadsheet for the needs that you want to import.
- There is a Need ID column on the import template spreadsheet.
- If you enter the Need ID from an existing need to that column, the system will update that need.
- If this column is left blank on the spreadsheet, the system will create a new need with that information.
- Once you have completed entering the information on the spreadsheet, save it and go back to the Import screen.
- Select Needs as the Import Type.
- Click Browse to search for and select the Excel template you saved.
- If you renamed the tab on the spreadsheet, enter it as the Excel Sheet Name. If you did not rename it, leave it as the default.
- Click Upload.
- On the Submit Import page, make sure the Field name and the Excel Column Names match. Click the Validate button at the bottom of the screen.
- When your file has been accepted on the Import Validation screen, click the Import Data button to import your Needs.