Locations typically describe the facilities in your organization. (City Park, Town Hall, General Hospital, etc.)
For organizations that have multiple campuses or sites, each with multiple facilities on them, you may decide to use Locations to describe the campus. Then you can use the Bldg./Unit field to describe the structures on each campus.
Bldg./Units can be added individually or imported into your account in bulk. *Note: If you own the Asset Essentials integration feature, you are unable to add buildings through CapitalForecastDirect. All new buildings must be added through Asset Essentials.
In Capital Forecast, you must choose whether the system will model your needs using your Locations or your Bldg./Units. If you select Locations, you do not need to add Bldg./Units to the account. If you select for the model to use Bldg./Units, you are required to set up at least one Location. This is because Locations and Bldg./Units have a parent/child relationship in Dude Solutions applications. A Bldg./Unit must be assigned to a Location.
Once you have made this selection in Capital Forecast, it cannot be changed. If you decide that you must switch your selection, contact the Dude Solutions Client Service Center for assistance.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
How to Add Bldg./Units
- Click on the Add link in the Action Menu at the top of the page.
- Click the Bldg./Unit link. Fill in the following fields on the Add/Update Bldg./Unit Screen:
- Select the Location from the drop down list. *Required field
- Enter the Bldg./Unit Name. *Required field
- Enter the Date Built. *Required field
- Enter the Square Footage. This is important to include so the system can calculate the Current Replacement Value of the Bldg./Unit.
- Select the Building Type that matches the Bldg./Unit from the drop down list. You should have already reviewed and updated the building types earlier in the set up process. *Required field
- You can enter any Notes that pertain to this Bldg./Unit in the field provided.
- CRV will automatically calculate for you based on the Building Type selected, the Square Footage of the Bldg./Unit, and the Regional Index you chose under the Account Information. This is an editable field, so you can make an adjustment to it if needed. If you do change the CRV the indicator icon next to the field will turn red to alert you that it was manually changed.
- FCI will calculate for you once you have Needs associated with this Bldg./Unit.
- Click Save to add the Bldg./Unit.
How to View and Activate Bldg./Units
- Click on the List link under the Actions Menu.
- Click on the Bldg./Unit link.
The Bldg./Unit list is automatically populated if other Dude Solutions applications are in use by your organization. Bldg./Units with a yellow thumbs-up () are active and ready for use within the application. Bldg./Units with a gray thumbs-down () are inactive and will be unavailable for use until they are activated.
- To activate a Bldg./Unit, click on the thumbs-down icon (). It will change to the yellow thumbs-up icon and your Bldg./Unit will be activated.
- Click on the Bldg./Unit name in the list to update the information.
- Make sure to enter the Date Built, Square Footage, and Building Type.
- Click Save.