Back to Asset Essentials Main Menu
Adding equipment usage on a work order
Equipment usage for an asset can be recorded directly on the work order form. This can help determine the operating costs for your assets.
Adding an equipment usage transaction
- Click on the Work Orders menu icon, then select Work Orders.
- Right-click the work order that requires an equipment usage transaction and select Edit.
- Click Add Transaction in the Equipment Usage section.
- In the Add / Edit Transaction window, click the Select Asset icon ().
- In the Select Asset window, check the box next to the Asset(s) that require an equipment transaction. *Note: Only Assets that are configured to 'Allow Sign-Out' will appear. You can turn on this feature when viewing an asset.
- Click the Select button.
- In the Apply to selected items section, enter the Start Date, # of Units, Description, and Cost Center. *Note: The Cost Center field will default to the cost center that is selected on the work order form.
- Click the Apply button, to add the information to each of the selected pieces of equipment.
- Click Done to add the Equipment Usage Transaction(s) to the work order.