Using the Mobile App
The Asset Essentials Mobile App allows you to access your Asset Essentials account on the go. The app can be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet through either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
Downloading the Asset Essentials Mobile App
- Access the app store on your smartphone or tablet.
- Search for Asset Essentials.
- Install the app on your device.
Logging Into the Asset Essentials Mobile App
*Note: If your organization is using SSO (single sign on) for user authentication, your login experience may be different. If you are having difficulty logging in using SSO or you are unsure whether your organization utilizes SSO for their Dude Solutions products, please contact your technology help desk for assistance.
- Tap the Asset Essentials app icon on your smartphone or tablet.
- Enter your Client ID and tap Next. *Note: Your client ID can be found in the web address you use to log into Asset Essentials. Example: https://assetessentials.dudesolutions.com/clientID. If necessary you can also type in the full web address.
- On the next screen, enter your Username and Password.
- Tap Login.
Submitting a Request
When you log into your Asset Essentials account you will immediately be taken to a request form.
- Enter a Title for the work order. This title should be a short description of the problem. For example, "Broken water fountain." You can type a more detailed description of the problem in the work requested section.
- Select the Source Type.
- Site - Select this option if the work that needs to be completed applies to the entire site.
- Location - Select this option if you would like to specify the exact location within the site where the work needs to be performed.
- Asset - Select this option if the work order is related to an asset such as a boiler.
- The WO Status will automatically be set as New Request.
- Choose the Priority of the work order.
- Enter a detailed description of the problem in the Work Requested field.
This section's title will vary depending on the Source Type selected from the General section, either Site, Location, or Asset. For example, if you selected the Source Type of Location, this section will be titled Location.
- Tap the Source Type section to associate the work order with either a site, location, or asset.
- Tap Documents, then tap the camera icon.
- Choose whether you would like to take a picture with your device or select a picture from your device's storage.
- Click Save.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen to submit the work order. You will be taken to your My Requests page after saving the work order.
Managing Your Requests
- Tap the menu icon () to open the Asset Essentials app menu.
- Tap My Requests.
- A list of your work orders will display.
- Click the Search icon () to search for a specific work order number.
- Tap a work order to view more details.