Printing Parts and Barcodes/QR Codes
There are many ways to print your Parts in Asset Essentials. You are able to print detailed information regarding your Parts as well as print Part barcodes, QR codes, and labels.
Advantages of Using Barcodes and QR Codes
- Barcodes can be scanned using the Asset Essentials mobile app on your device.
- If you have an existing barcode label for your item, such as a manufacturer's barcode, you can add that same barcode label to the item in Asset Essentials.
- The item's barcode label can also be used by other systems outside of Asset Essentials. Barcode labels are represented by a numerical value entered in a text field and are not unique or specific to Asset Essentials, making them universal.
- QR codes can be scanned directly from the Asset Essentials mobile app or from your device's camera. If you open your device's camera to scan the QR code, it will ask you if you want to open the item using your Asset Essentials account URL in a web browser. *Note: If you are using your device's camera to scan the QR code, you will need to log in to Asset Essentials in order to see the item.
- When scanning a QR code in the Asset Essentials mobile app, it will automatically recognize what type of item is being scanned and direct you to a list of actions you can choose from.
- QR codes provide layers of protection for your items stored in Asset Essentials.
How to Print Parts
- Click on the Parts & Purchase Orders menu icon and then click Parts.
- Check the box next to each Part that you would like to print. *Note: If you would like to print the full list of Parts by page, do not check any boxes.
- Click on the Print/Report button and then click Print.
- Choose from one of three printing options:
Part Barcode/QR Code
The Part Barcode/QR Code printout will list each Part on one page, with a list of it's Name, Part #, Alternate Part #, Site. and Category. It will also include a large QR code on the page associated with that specific Part. *Note: In order for the printout to produce a barcode, you must enter a barcode number on the Part detail page.
The Part Detail printout gives you a wide variety of information that pertains to the Part. This information includes General Part information, Custom Fields, Suppliers, Documents, etc. There is also a small QR code for that Part in the top right of the report. *Note: In order for the printout to produce a barcode, you must enter a barcode number on the Part detail page.
Part Labels (2x7)
This Part Labels printout gives you small labels that list the Part Name, Part #, Site, and the QR code. You are able to fit up to 14 labels on one page, so this is a good option if you are trying to print smaller labels for multiple Parts.
- If you checked off any specific Parts, you will have an option to print only the Selected record(s). Otherwise, you can choose to print just the Current page of Parts, or Select page(s) to print, such as pages 1-3. If you'd like, you can also select to print All Parts, as long as there are fewer than 500 Parts total.
- Click OK to produce the printout.