Adding a kit
Kits are a way to simplify the allocation of parts and supplies by grouping them together. Kits may contain replacement parts, expendable supplies such as shop wipes, gaskets, or fasteners. They may also include special tools used only for the maintenance of one type of Asset. Kits provide a convenient way to organize and distribute the things needed to perform a certain maintenance task.
How to add a kit
- Click on the Parts & Purchase Orders menu icon and then click Kits.
- Click the New button.
- If your account has multiple sites, select a Site from the drop down menu.
- Enter a Name for the Kit. This will be how you identify the Kit when you select it in other parts of the program.
- Optionally, you can also enter a Kit # and a Note to provide more information as to the Kit's purpose.
- In the Parts section, click the Select Part icon to add parts to the Kit. Check the box to the left of any of the Parts you would like to add, and then click the Select button.
- Once the Parts have been added to the Kit, you can change the default Quantity by using the arrows in the text box under the Quantity column. This determines how many of each Part the Kit will include.
- Click Save to add this Kit to Asset Essentials.