Work Order Templates
Work Order Templates allow you to control what information is collected on a work order. Work Order templates are associated with your account's sites. If the user's default site has a Work Order Template, then the user's work order form will reflect that site's template. If the user has access to multiple sites, the site they select on the work order determines which template the work order form uses. If a site does not have a defined Work Order Template, it will use the default template included with your account. *Note: The feature below is only available to clients who have purchased Asset Essentials Enterprise. Please contact your Sales Representative or Client Services if you are interested in purchasing Asset Essentials Enterprise.
How to Add a Work Order Template
- Click on the Admin menu icon, then select Configurations.
- Click on Work Order Templates found under the Template section.
- Click the New button.
- Select the Site that will use this template. If your account uses Regions, you can use the Region field to narrow down the list of Sites. *Note: There can only be one Work Order Template per site.
- Check the boxes next to any fields you would like to appear on the work order form.
- Select a value from the drop down or enter a value to make your selection or enter the preselected value on the work order form. *Note: If you select a Source Type, an additional section will appear that will allow you to select a specific asset/location/site to be preselected on work orders using this template.
- Check the Required box next to any fields you would like to make required for work order submission.
You have the ability to directly assign work orders created from a WO Template to specific users or groups of users.
- Click the Select User icon () and choose a user from the pop-up window if you would like work orders using this template to automatically be assigned to that user.
- Check the Assigned To from Source Asset/Location/Site if you would like the Responsible Users associated with the selected Source Type to be automatically assigned to work orders using this template.
- Click Save at the top of the screen to save the Work Order Template.