Work Order Labor Transaction Lock
In Asset Essentials, you can prevent labor transactions from being edited once they are entered. With this setting enabled, adjustments to any labor transaction will need to be made by creating additional labor transactions. *Note: The feature below is only available to clients who have purchased Asset Essentials Enterprise. Please contact your Sales Representative or Client Services if you are interested in purchasing Asset Essentials Enterprise.
Enabling Work Order Labor Transaction Lock
- Click on the Admin menu icon, then select Configurations.
- Under the Misc section, select System Setting.
- Click the Edit button.
- In the General section, check the Cannot Edit Saved Labor Transactions box.
- Click Save.
- With this setting enabled, work order transactions will become read-only the moment they are saved.
Adjusting Labor Transactions
With the Work Order Labor Transaction Lock setting enabled, adjusting labor transactions can only be done by creating additional transactions.
- Example: A transaction of four hours was entered on a work order, but the worker actually worked 3 hours.
- Once the initial transaction of four hours is recorded, it cannot be removed from the system.
- Add an additional labor transaction of negative one hour to adjust for accuracy.
- Example: A transaction of two hours was entered on a work order, but the work was found to be incomplete.
- The initial transaction of two hours cannot be edited to reflect additional time worked.
- Add an additional transaction for any labor hours required to complete the work order.