Request By Emails
The Request by Emails feature allows a user to submit a new work request in Asset Essentials by simply sending an email. *Note: The feature below is only available to clients who have purchased Asset Essentials Enterprise. Please contact your Sales Representative or Client Services if you are interested in purchasing Asset Essentials Enterprise.
The system scans for new request emails at the top of every hour to create the work requests in Asset Essentials. If the request was emailed just before the top of the hour then the work request will be created soon after. If the request was emailed just after the top of the hour then the work request will not be created until the next hour.
Setting up Request By Emails
- Click on the Admin menu icon, then click on Configurations.
- Click on Request by Emails in the Misc section.
- Click on New.
- Type an appropriate Name for the request email.
- Select the appropriate Protocol from the drop down menu. *Note: This will depend on the email server you are using. For example, Gmail and Yahoo's protocol is Pop3.
- Type the password that is used to access your email account in the Password field.
- Check the box next to Is SSL Connection.
- Type the email address you would like the users to send their request to in the Email field.
- Type the appropriate server address in the Server field. *Note: This will depend on the email server you are using. For example, Gmail's server address is pop.gmail.com and Yahoo's server address is pop.mail.yahoo.com.
- Type the appropriate Port number. *Note: This will depend on the email server you are using. For example, Gmail and Yahoo's port number is 995.
Request settings allow you to set default values for certain work order fields that will automatically populate when a request is submitted via email.
- Select the appropriate information from the Source Type, Priority, Work Category, WO Status, and Work Type drop down menus.
When a new work request is submitted via email, the Originated field on the work request will automatically populate with the user account that matches the sender's email address. If the sender's email address does not match an existing user account, the Originated field can be set up to automatically populate with the selected Default Originator.
- Click on the user icon () next to the Default Originator field to bring up the Select User window.
- Click on the user icon () to select the appropriate user, then click Select.
If you do not want to use a Full User account as the Default Originator, you can create a Tracking user account called "New Request" to set as the Default Originator.
This section's title will vary depending on the Source Type selected from the Request Setting section. For example, if you selected the Source Type of Location, this section will be titled Location.
This section allows you to automatically assign each new work request to the selected user when it is created from a request email.
- Click on the user icon () to bring up the Select User window.
- Check the box next to the appropriate user, then click Select.
- Enter any additional comments in the Comments section.