Project routing in Asset Essentials allows you to automate the work flow process for major or minor projects. It tells the system when and where to send projects, whether they need approval, as well as allows for certain automated actions based on the project's details. *Note: The feature below is only available to clients who have purchased Asset Essentials Enterprise. Please contact your Sales Representative or Client Services if you are interested in purchasing Asset Essentials Enterprise.
Creating a Project Route
- Click on the Admin menu icon, then click on Configurations.
- Choose the Project Routing option under the Work Order section.
- This page will show any routes that have already been created. Click on the New button to create a new route. If you need to edit an existing route, right-click on it and select Edit.
- Enter a Name for your Route.
- Select the Region or Site.
- Enter a Description if applicable.
- Click Save.
Project Routing Rules
- Click the New button to open the Project Routing Rules pop-up window.
- Enter a Name for the routing rule.
- Select an Index number to represent where the rule falls in the list.
- Select the Project Status from the drop down this rule should apply to.
- Enter a more detailed Description, if needed.
- In the Project Routing Rules section, use the drop down menus to select the filters that will determine which requests this rule should apply to.
- Check the Require Approval box if the Project needs to go through an approval process.
- Select the Approval Rules from the drop down. Click the link to learn more about creating Approval Rules.
- Select the status the Project will be in if approved.
- Select the status the Project will be in if declined.
- Once you have selected the filters and set any approvals, click the Add Action button:
- Choose whether the action will Always happen when a project follows this rule, will only happen On Approval, or will only happen On Decline.
- Add User - Add User allows you to choose who the project should be associated with.
- Specified Users - Routes the project to the users you select in the field to the right.
- Users by Tag - Routes the project to users that grouped together with a common tag.
- Set - The Set option allows you to choose an automated action for the request.
- Select a Field from the drop down menu, then enter the Value that field should be set to when the project is routed. For example, you could choose a routing rule that automatically updates the Project Type field to Capital Expenditure.
- Click Save at the top of the pop-up window to add this routing rule to the system.
- If you need to add additional rules to the route, click on the New button under Project Routing Rules to add the next rule.