Rather than selecting a budget for each work order or purchase order, filters are added to the budget so the system knows which work orders and purchase orders should count against that budget. The budget will automatically pull cost information from work orders and POs that match the filters selected for that budget.
How to create a budget
- Hover over the Work Orders menu icon, then select Budgets.
- Click on the New button.
- Enter a budget Name.
- Select a Budget Type from the drop down menu. Depending on which Budget Type you select, an additional drop down menu may populate to select the Region, Site, Location, or Asset you want to associate with this budget.
- In the Budget Year Type drop-down menu, select either Fiscal Year or Custom Dates.
Work Order Filter
- Choose a Date Type and Origin for the work orders that should apply to this budget.
- Check the box next to any Work Category that should be included. For example, if this budget should include all work orders with the Work Category of Safety, be sure to check that box.
- Check the box next to any WO Status that should be included.
Purchase Order Filter
- Choose a Date Type for any purchase orders that should apply to this budget.
- Check the box next to any PO Status that should be included.
- Click Save at the top of your screen to add this budget to Asset Essentials.
How to setup Budget Year amounts
- From the Budgets summary page, right-click on the budget name and select Show Budget Years.
- Click on the New button.
- The current Fiscal Year will be selected for you, but you can select a different fiscal year from the drop-down menu. *Note: This field will not display if the budget you are viewing has a Budget Year Type of Custom Dates.
- If the budget you are viewing has a Budget Year Type of Custom Date, edit the Start Date and End Date for the budget year.
- Use the various work order and purchase order fields to set the budget amounts for each. As you enter the amounts, the WO Total and PO Total fields will calculate for you.
- Click Save at the top of your screen to add this fiscal year budget information.
- From the Budget Year summary page, right click on the fiscal year or the custom year you would like to create a break down for and click Edit.
- In the Break Down section, select to Create Quarterly Budgets or to Create Monthly Budgets. *Note: If the budget you are viewing has a Budget Year Type of Custom Dates, the quarterly date ranges will begin with the Start Date of the custom range.
- Adjust the work order and purchase order information as needed. The work order and purchase order budget categories at the top of the list will keep a running total of your budget as you edit the quarterly or monthly amounts.
- Click Save at the top of your screen when you have edited the budget information as needed.