Any Asset Essentials notifications that you receive will be listed in your Notifications section in the mobile app. You must configure your account to receive notifications and push notifications to your mobile device. *Note: Currently mobile app notifications only apply to work orders that were created and not for work orders generated by a work request or PM.
There are two steps to enabling mobile app notifications. You first need to enable WO notifications under your profile in your Asset Essentials account. Then you will also need to enable push notifications in your Asset Essentials mobile app.
Enabling notifications for your user profile
- Log in to your Asset Essentials account through a mobile browser or a web browser.
- Click on the Profile button in the top right corner, then select My Profile.
- In the WO Notifications section, check the box next to Enable WO notifications. This enables the following notifications for the mobile app:
Work Order has been Assigned - a user will receive a notification when a non-PM work order has been assigned to them.
Work Order is pending Approval - a user in an approval rule will receive a notification when a work order is awaiting their approval.
Work Order has been Approved - the originator of a work order will receive a notification when the work order is approved.*Note: This only exists as a push notification in the mobile app and will not send an email.
Work Order has been Denied - the originator of a work order will receive a notification when the work order is denied.*Note: This only exists as a push notification in the mobile app and will not send an email.
Enabling push notifications in your Asset Essentials mobile app
- Log in to your Asset Essentials mobile app.
- Tap the menu icon (), then select Settings.
- Tap the toggle next to Enable Push Notifications.
Once a work order has been assigned to you, a work order is pending your Approval, or your work order has been Approved or Denied, you will receive a push notification to your mobile device. It is important to be sure you have your device's notification settings configured for the Asset Essentials app. This will also allow you to determine how the push notification displays when it comes through. The following scenarios will apply when viewing and interacting with your push notifications:
- You are logged into the app and it is in focus: The push notification will display on your device. When you tap on the notification, you will be brought directly to the work order. The notification will display as gray in the list of Notifications since it has already been read.
- You are logged into the app and it is running in the background: The push notification will display on your device. When you tap on the notification, the app will be brought back into focus and direct you to the section of the app you were last viewing. You will need to navigate to the list of Notifications and tap on the appropriate notification to view the work order.
- You are logged into the app but it is not actively running: The push notification will display on your device. When you tap on the notification, the app will open and log you in to the default page configured for your account, such as your Dashboard. You will need to navigate to the list of Notifications and tap on the appropriate notification to view the work order.
- Tap the menu icon ().
- Tap on Notifications. The number displayed indicates the number of new notifications.
- The notification for the most recent work order will display first. New notifications will have a green sidebar and a New! icon at the top. Once the notification is opened, the New! icon will go away and the sidebar will turn gray.
- The work order title will display in bold text next to the work order number.
- A time stamp will display the date and time that the notification arrived to the mobile app.
- The priority will display in the bottom corner of the card. A low, medium, or spare time priority will display as blue, and a critical or high priority will display as red.
- If there aren't any notifications, you will see a message saying "You're All Caught Up! No Notifications."
Clearing the Notifications list
- You can swipe left on a notification and select Discard to remove the notification from the list.
- You can delete multiple notifications at a time to help clear the notifications list.
- Tap the pencil icon in the top right of the screen.
- Select the notifications you want to discard.
- Select Delete to remove the notifications from the list.